Mayon Volcano May Explosively Erupt Anytime - Level 4 Alert!

Adjust Comment Print

More than 11,000 residents displaced by the eruption of the Philippines' most active volcano have been allowed to return home despite continuing lava emission, government officials said on Friday.

"The danger zone is extended to 8 kilometers all around the volcano", Phivolcs chief Renato Solidum said in a phone interview.

The agency raised the alert level of Mayon after it spewed a giant ash column past noon yesterday.

The mandatory evacuation is applied at alert level 3 where the swelling of the volcano's mouth is evident and lava rockfall and thick ashes are released. "Everyone is advised to wear face masks and not to enter the danger zone".

Solidum said the worst cases for Mayon happened in 1814 and 1897, when there was rapid ascent of magma, which generated very voluminous ash clouds and pyroclastic flows moving down.

Mobile wins OpenSignal mobile speed tests, yet again
In the report issued a year ago , both Verizon and T-Mobile were tied in LTE speed, but T-Mobile has now clearly pulled ahead. During this period, OpenSignal looked at 5.9 billion tests taken on 237,213 mobile devices across the U.S.


Forced evacuation, on the other hand, is executed when the alert is realized to level 4 and at level 5 when an explosion has taken place.

Alerts for Mount Mayon were previously set to level 3, due to signs of increased activity within the mountain.

While there seems to be no hitches as everybody is entitled to express their views on their social media.accounts, according to Dr. Cedric Daep, head of the Albay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council opinions of some netizens are being given credence by residents reading the posts.

Bichara also announced on Facebook the suspension of classes in all levels in both private and public schools across Albay. It also stated that lava eruptions have already resulted in an ash plume of up to 1,300 meters (4,300 feet) above the summit. The new development at Mayon comes after Legazpi residents were allowed to return to their homes on Thursday.

The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines issued a notice to airmen effective 12:06 p.m. yesterday until 9 a.m. today, saying the Legazpi Airport was temporarily closed until further notice and advising pilots flying near the area to exercise extreme caution as ash can affect their flight.

Comments