New Yorkers resume routines after terror attack: 'You can't stop living'

Adjust Comment Print

ONE of Manhattan's busiest commuter hubs was hit by a suspected terror attack, when a bomb was ignited on a subway platform at the Port Authority Bus Terminal during rush hour.

Surveillance video from the scene shows a cloud of smoke filling the underground walkway after police said 27-year-old Akayed Ullah's homemade device exploded. Avoid the area. Subways bypassing #PortAuthority and Times Square Stations.

New York City police said a man with "wires coming out of him" was arrested in the subway.

"They've been bombing in my country and I wanted to do damage here", sources said. The suspect, Akayed Ullah, and three other people were injured. He was armed with a pipe bomb and a battery pack, CNN reported, according to which he was taken into custody after the device partially detonated. "Yesterday at this time I walked above ground between 8th and 7th Avenue on 42nd the time of the attack".

The incident occurred less than two months after an Uzbek immigrant killed eight people by speeding a rental truck down a New York City bike path, in an attack for which Islamic State claimed responsibility.

"Security was enhanced in several major American cities after an explosion in the New York City".

"Thanks to the quick response of these fearless Port Authority Police officers, the suspect was apprehended, there were no serious injuries and the PABT was secured without further incident", O'Toole said, according to WABC.

He said disruptions to the train and bus services had been restored.

Aaron Rodgers Says He's Been Cleared to Return
Rodgers was placed on injured reserve the next day, ensuring he would have to sit out at least eight games. Rodgers has missed the last seven games after breaking his right collarbone on October 15 in Minnesota.

Added Gov. Andrew Cuomo during a news conference, "Anyone can go on the internet and download garbage and vileness on how to put together an amateur-level explosive device, and that is the reality that we live with".

The device, a pipe bomb, was attached to Ullah with Velcro and zip ties, said John Miller, NYPD deputy commissioner of intelligence and counterterrorism.

An ABC7 report said Ullah has an address in Brooklyn but is originally from Bangladesh.

Port Authority is the largest bus terminal in the United States with about 232,000 commuters passing through each day.

Andre Rodriguez, 62, told the New York Times: "I was going through the turnstile".

Immediately after the incident, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders tweeted that President Donald Trump had been briefed on the explosion. "We've proved it time and time again". I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the "dumbest man on television!"

Being treated: Ullah is at Bellevue Hospital, where he is being treated for lacerations and burns to his hands and abdomen, New York City Fire Department Commissioner Daniel Nigro said.