"MRC and Netflix have chose to suspend production on House of Cards season 6, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew", Netflix and Media Rights Capital announced in a joint statement on October 31, 2017. CNN reported that all of the people described Spacey's behavior as predatory.
Now, eight current and former employees of Spacey's hit Netflix series House of Cards have spoken out against the actor's behaviour, and one former employee has accused Spacey of sexual assault.
British police confirmed Friday that they had opened an investigation into an allegation of sexual assault from a man in 2008, although officers never identify the subject of an inquiry unless and until they are charged.
I'm glad that Netflix has put its foot down and insisted that Spacey have no involvement with the upcoming season, while still leaving room for the show to continue without him. The studio's statement reads, "MRC, in partnership with Netflix, will continue to evaluate a creative path forward for the program during the hiatus".
Variety is reporting that Spacey's publicist and talent agency have also severed ties with Spacey who is now seeking treatment.
Deposed Catalan leader 'demands' release of ministers
Puigdemont said he went to Belgium to garner support from the European Union - not because he's seeking political asylum. A lawyer for several of the jailed Catalan leaders said they would appeal against the judge's decision.
According to The Mirror, "House of Cards" producers are exploring several options to kill off Spacey's character, the villainous Frank Underwood.
MRC said it was "deeply troubled" by the latest allegations, had implemented a complaint hotline and offered crisis counsellors and legal advisors to the crew, and would "thoroughly investigate" all claims formally brought to its attention.
Spacey posted on Twitter that he didn't remember the Rapp encounter.
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos wrote on his Facebook page that he encountered Spacey at the bar of London's Old Vic Theatre, where Spacey was artistic director from 2004-15, and the actor tried to fondle him against his will. "I witnessed him groping men many times in all sorts of different situations", one told The Guardian newspaper.
It previously announced setting up an email address where "anyone" with concerns about "inappropriate behavior" by Spacey can come forward.