- Iran joins Turkey in helping Qatar ensure that trade disruptions do not create shortages. They issued the list hours after Qatar said it would not "surrender" and rejected any interference in its foreign policy.
"Turkish troops are coming to Qatar for the sake of the securıty of the entire region", Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani told the press on Thursday, as cited by Hurriyet.
The Saudi Press Agency on Monday accused Qatari officials of repeatedly violating "their worldwide obligations and the agreements they signed under the umbrella of the Gulf Cooperation Council for Arab States to cease hostilities against [Saudi Arabia] and stand against terrorist activities".
- UAE's national postal service suspends all services to Qatar.
Captain Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said: "While current operations from Al Udeid Air Base have not been interrupted or curtailed, the evolving situation is hindering our ability to plan for longer-term military operations". "They need to make a decision; they can't have it both ways", he said.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, on the other hand, has approved sending troops to an existing Turkish base in Qatar as a sign of support.
Qatar Petroleum said it "wishes to affirm that it is conducting business as usual", adding that it remains committed to being a stable energy producer. His supporters believe the Qatar spat vindicates their anti-Islamist stance, as Haftar has gained ground and the United Nations -backed Tripoli government that he has rejected has been floundering.
A senior UAE official accused Qatar of escalating the row by seeking help from Turkey and Iran.
- Abu Dhabi port eases restrictions on oil tankers going to and from Qatar.
An initial report from Qatar's Interior Ministry late yesterday said the website of the Qatar News Agency was first hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods".Читайте также: 3 unnamed Michigan State players charged with sexual assault
Mr Trump said he wanted Qatar "back among the unity of nations".
Qatar hired Ashcroft Law Firm for 90 days, agreeing to pay it $2.5 million to help the Persian Gulf nation comply with US money laundering and counterterrorism financing regulations, and to stress its efforts to combat global terrorism, according to disclosures filed under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
The statement said the list was "an indication of the duality of Qatar policies". "This dispute is threatening the stability of the entire region", he said.
"The emir is wise not to speak", said Faraj, a Qatari engineer working for a telecommunications company.
- The UAE banned people from publishing expressions of sympathy towards Qatar and will punish offenders with 15 years in jail, the UAE-based newspaper Gulf News and pan-Arab channel Al Arabiya reported early on Wednesday. Yesterday, Emirati officials shut down the airline's offices in the UAE.
- The Pentagon on Tuesday renewed praise of Qatar for hosting a vital USA air base and for its "enduring commitment to regional security", sticking to a message of reassurance even as Trump, via Twitter, applauded Arab nations' decision to cut ties.
Trump said he spoke with regional leaders in the wake of a recent meeting in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and he had decided it was time to call on Qatar to end its support of terrorist groups. Analysts have raised the prospect of a palace coup in Qatar, a hereditary monarchy ruled by the Al Thani family that has a history of such changes in leadership.
"My mother who is originally from the UAE can not visit her sick mother, needless to say we will not be able to see my uncles", said Mohammed, a Qatar University professor, who gave his first name only.
"So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off", he tweeted, referring to his visit to the country weeks ago.
"These procedures that were taken have clear violations of worldwide law and global humanitarian law". Jordan and Djibouti reduced their diplomatic status with Qatar.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог