Boy, 8, bullied at school days before killing himself

Adjust Comment Print

Two days after the tragic assault, Taye hung himself from his bunk and died.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, a homicide detective said the surveillance video captured "bullying and could even rise to the level of criminal assault" and noted in his report that after Gabriel fell to the ground, "many students step over, point, mock, nudge [and] kick" him.

The attorneys, who viewed the video, say the boy lay unconscious for 7 minutes and 30 seconds before an assistant principal and a school nurse came to his aid.

At the time, officials at Carson Elementary School told her there was no evidence of bullying and that Gabe has simply fainted.

The video appears to confirm the description a homicide detective provided in an email to school officials and one given by Gabriel Taye's mother's attorneys.

The Cincinnati news outlet obtained a report from the OH town's police department which contains a surveillance video outside of the pre-kindergarten through sixth grade, Carson Elementary School bathroom.

"She also contacted Gabriel's mother and asked her to pick him up and take him to the hospital to be checked out".

It is Time to End the Israeli Occupation, Says Palestinian President
Trump said he has always heard that a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians was the "toughest deal" to close. Trump a visit, followed a May 3 visit by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

"While we plan to answer some troubling questions about this case in particular by seeking input from school officials and law enforcement, we also want to take a closer look at what's being done statewide to keep our students safe and our parents informed".

"I just feel like enough is not being done, and I feel like stuff is being swept under the rug", Cornelia Reynolds said. Now the boy's mother is trying to bring her child justice and school officials are scrambling to explain how this vicious attack went unreported until it was too late.

It says that "while we are concerned about the length of time that (the boy) lay motionless and the lack of adult supervision at the scene", school administrators followed protocol by having the nurse evaluate him. One of them, Kathryn Lundy, said she pulled her two children from the school two years ago because of bullying. His mother was called to collect him however was only told her son had fainted, the Enquirer reports. In the evening, his mother took him to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center because he was vomiting.

Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco, the Hamilton County, Ohio, coroner, announced her decision Thursday on a radio program and later told The Cincinnati Enquirer, "We will review all the new info including the video when it's provided".

Gabe Taye lies knocked unconscious in this school surveillance video. She never knew that he was being bullied.

Lawyer Carla Leader described Gabe as a "happy-go-lucky kid" who had shown no signs of mental issues. She picked up her son and took him home but did not take him to the hospital until he reported feeling sick to his stomach later that day. An outside vendor is editing the video to blur faces of children to protect their identities.

"Maybe this had been going on for years, and she had no idea, so she couldn't help him". The school system responded then by saying there had been no reports of bullying at Carson between August and December 2016. "He just didn't know how to tell me".